Welcome to the Good Life.

Typing from a Type A, strives of being a bad bitch.



Monday, December 17, 2018

Hyperflex

I’m Amy and I’m a 3rd generation Asian American woman, born and raised in San Francisco. The Sunset district was my childhood upbringing, where I hung out with the neighboring kids back in the 1990s. 

My fashion choices are based on how the clothing makes me feel: expressive, relaxed, confident, and fresh. I especially love that streetwear is now in a place that embraces gender fluidity so Tomboys like me are less viewed as outliers but as females that are saucey flexers =)

I grew up in a low-income family, so I was only allowed 1 new pair of sneaker a year and it was conditional; I had to bring home only A’s and Bs. So I did not get to own retro pairs until I became the self-made person I am now.Throughout my growing pains, I’ve been able to reflect and retain that I value having fly shit because it enhances my self-assurance. Lol this however influenced my sneaker obsession which range from SBs, Jordan’s, and Air Maxes.

Lastly my IG is: Hellakicks415. I post when I feel like sharing so it’s a causally managed page. I was also interviewed for a “Spike Lee Lil Joint” a couple of years ago. It was for my opinion on Stephon Marbury’s new $15 kicks, and the interview took place at Sneakercon in Santa Clara. Check my teeny tiny response at 11:16 minutes https://theundefeated.com/videos/15-kicks/

What I cherish about being chosen for the interview is that the film maker wanted a female perspective. She explained that the sneaker culture is a highly male dominated taste and she wanted a female perspective to showcase. 

Overall, I’m a person who believes that self-care through my daily style choices is the best way to embrace self-love. Once you become aware of your worth, you can do all things. 


No comments:

Post a Comment